How ’bout something a little bit lighter?
Repinned these yummy granola bites from a friend on Pinterest. The original recipe can be found here.
No-Bake Energy Bites
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. (I mixed all the dry ingredients together first, then added the wet ingredients to the bowl.) Chill the “batter” in the fridge for at least thirty minutes. Then, roll the batter into small balls. Store your energy bites in the fridge. A few notes…
* I found the coconut flakes and flaxseed in my grocery store’s baking aisle. Those were the two things I was a bit skeptical about.
* I goofed and bought whole flaxseeds instead of ground. Based on my quick Google search, the ground version is better because you’ll get more nutrients out of it, but my recipe still tasted fine with the whole flaxseeds. My grocery store did have both versions, and perhaps when I get more ambitious, I’ll use my coffee grinder to grind up the rest of the bag of whole flaxseed.
* The original post talks about lots of other items you can add to this recipe, or other substitutions. I can see playing with it in the future, but I like the simplicity of this version. And I think they are super yummy.